Google Analytics

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Week four: Who is my target market.

Who is my target market?  This is a very important question for any business or service.  The answer to this question will set the frame work of what you do and how you do it.  Without knowing the answer to this question a business can waste significant time and resources with no real chance of obtaining the goals the want.

When I started to try to define my target market I was a little confused and torn in different directions.  On one hand I thought of all the people that struggle with simple technology tasks, like syncing their phones and computers.  On the other hand I thought about the people who are always looking for the next big technology tool.  The range of people seemed very vast and I knew that I needed to narrow the parameters to find a manageable target market.

I was able to find some very helpful data on who actually looks at technology blogs.  This data will give me the more defined scope I need to begin my en devour.

So this is who I am looking  for.  Males predominately read tech websites or blogs.  There are varying measurements on this, but the majority of statistical information puts the number between 60% and 70%.  Of these men roughly 50% to 60% are between the ages of 35 and 64.  The income varies from 30K to 100K+ for the vast majority.  The readers are overwhelmingly white approximately 85%.  Also a large majority of them are from the USA between 63% and 68%.

No comments:

Post a Comment