Google Analytics

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Week Three: Two websites that I use.

The first site that I use frequently is www.thenewboston.com. This site has evolved over time but still consists mostly of a compilation of instructional YouTube videos. The main strength of the site is the content.  It has information about the topics I am interested in learning and presents them in a thorough but light hearted way so it is easy to learn.  The website uses a modern and color coordinated structure that is pleasing to the eye.  It also has a easily visible and well laid out side menu and top menu.  It also has a large in page player for the videos so that you can watch the videos and remain on the site.  I believe that it could be improved with a a more visible and easy to use search function. There is a lot of content on the site and it would be nice to be able to search quickly to get to a specific topic.

Ted.com: Ideas Worth Spreading
The second site that I visit often is www.ted.com/.  Again this is a favorite of mine first because of the content but also the the style which it is delivered.  This site uses a clean and professional home page that clearly expresses the sites purpose.  The home page is well structured and has a highly visible and easily understood menu system.  The site also has a handy search bar right at the top so that you can filter to the content you are looking for.  The quality of the videos is very high and pleasurable to watch and that always brings me back for more.  Honestly I do not see much to improve about this site.  Maybe they could increase the number of videos because there are never enough to watch.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been in the Ted website, but your post peaked my interest. I really like the discussion page where they ask you questions and we respond. I am impressed with this site and will be checking it out more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great. I really get a lot out of the site. I hope that you enjoy it as well. Expand your mind, Expand your world!

      Delete