Google Analytics

Thursday, April 9, 2015

How personal should your Blog be!, Week 9

I think this question would be different for every person and business that is blogging. For me and the type of blog I have created, adding some of my personal feelings or experiences into the blog is a good idea. I think that it allows people to gain a sense of my character and better evaluate if their character aligns with mine. It helps to open the way for building trust, and when giving advice or teaching there must be trust.

I think that it also can keep the content delivery interesting and unique to your style. This will help to set you apart from others who are similar and competing with you for audience. I think that care must be taken so that my style of personal touch does not diminish the professionalism that some topics I will be posting about require. I also think that it would be wise to balance the personal interjection so as to not project a bias or distract from the focus of my content. Whenever I write or speak, I let it carry some of my personality and style because I always want to be like me not like a machine devoid of personality or personal feeling.  But, hey, that is just me, and I always say "too each their own."

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is about focusing and personal feelings you may experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could also remember to not overload your blog with either too much personality or too little personality. Its all about finding a balance that works with your blog and what your trying to accomplish, like for me and my gaming business im pretending to be I can be a little personal yet still come off professionally if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you make a great point that the use of personality does not equal a lack of professionalism per se. I think you comment in reference to this was something different than I have seen from reading the other posts.

    ReplyDelete