Google Analytics

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Week 14: The Right Social Media for Me.

The Right Social Media Platforms for Me.


Over the past fourteen weeks I have experimented with and investigated different social media platforms. The experience has given me some valuable insight into which ones I prefer to use and the capabilities of some that I did not know about. I have found that some are easier than others and some allow you to provide a richer content. Overall I have enjoyed getting to know more about the platforms and the potential they hold for business. I will continue to test and investigate new platforms and changes made to existing ones, because in this media change is constant. For now the social media platforms that I have decided to focus on are the following.

Facebook is an easy platform to use and access, with a huge user base. The easy ability to create posts even on mobile devices is very enticing. The amount of analytic data regarding your  content performance is also outstanding and should allow anyone the ability to refine their content and delivery to achieve the best effectiveness quickly. It would be tough not to include Facebook in any social media strategy.

Twitter was not a social media that I had used a lot before this class, but I have really grown to like and respect it. Twitter has a constant flow of great information, if you set up who you follow correctly. I have been surprised by the amount of interaction on this platform. I have found that by linking content posts from my other media platforms that it is easy to keep a flow of posts going to Twitter. I have often found more reader response on twitter than the other platforms. For me Twitter is a keeper. 

YouTube for teaching or demonstrating is by far my favorite choice. A good video to me is the best way for someone to really see what you are trying to show them. The size of the reach for YouTube is enormous and hard to compete with. In my opinion YouTube is another must have media for an online strategy. I definitely need to work on my reluctance to create videos. And then create more content for this platform regularly.

Blogger is an easy to use format, and I have become more comfortable with it the more I use it. To me your blog is the place that allows you to create mixed visual and textual content that can be rich and in depth. Writing for me does not always come easy and so it is a bit of a struggle to get my self to create the posts on a regular schedule. I am hoping that with time that will change and it will be good practice for me to continue to blog. I will try to keep a blog as part of my online presence.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Fritz!
    Love the color coordination :) I think it's really great that you've seen the great potential in a social media platform that will work for you. I think if you can envision it, you can make it happen. (YouTube being that platform of choice that you mentioned). I can be scary putting yourself out there but I think the more you do it and the more you engage with your audience, the more successful you will be :) Keep up the good work and can't wait to see your YouTube channel in full swing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie,
      Thank you very much for the encouragement and compliments. That helps to fuel my courage to continue.

      Delete
  2. Fritz,
    As always, your blog posts is so insightful and informative. Like you I have gotten the hang of twitter and have enjoyed using it both personally and for the class. Similarly, the social mediums you have mentioned are the ones that I have found the most effective for my business and any business in general.
    Also, the content that you provide on your social media platforms is engaging so I can understand why and how your audience interacts with you. I do really enjoy reading your posts and your explanations/presentation of information is helpful and let's me elaborate on my own understanding of the assignment(s).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miguel,
      Thank you very much for the great compliments. I am extremely happy that you have found it helpful to yourself.

      Delete
  3. I love the design of SM names =)
    Perfect description of each of them. Great job!

    ReplyDelete