Google Analytics

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Week 12, Using Feedly and Google+

Getting Started with Feedly and Google +

In this article I am presenting some of the ways that I have set up Feedly and Google + to incorporate them into my online presence and become useful tools. 

For Google + I have set up my profile page to be similar to my other social media sites. I utilized the same background photo and similar introductory information. I think this is important to have a consistent look and feel throughout your social media sites. This helps promote your personal brand and creates familiarity followers will quickly recognize is your content. I believe it is also important that your content information be consistent across platforms so there is no conflict or confusion in your delivery. 



Google+ also has a great way to follow content that you are interested in this will allow you to find new topics for your articles and keep up on your subject matter. The google+ communities are easy to follow and and have handy in one place like an RSS feed. It can also be used to spread your influence and reach through these communities as well.  If you get to the point that you are ready you can even create your own community and direct the focus of it.

Another nice feature that Google+ has is the event feature. this allows you to view events and join them if you are interested. Like the other features you can sort this by the area of interest and keep it focused on the subject that you are looking for. Also with events you can create your own event either online or at a physical location. I think this is a great way to get your message out and grow your local following as well as your online following.


Feedly is a a nice tool to find bloggers that you re interested in following and have them organized in a central location that is easy for you to find. Feedly has a nice app for mobile devices also so that
you can quickly access the content that you want to read anytime. This type of an RSS basically allows you to create your own magazine or channel of content. I use it to stay informed on technology and the style of delivery the bloggers are using. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Fritz,

    Great ideas you have here! I learned a lot from reading your post!

    ReplyDelete