Google Analytics

Monday, May 11, 2015

Week13: Facebook Insights

Facebook Insights


Facebook Insights is a very comprehensions and powerful collection of data about your Facebook business or fan page. This information can be used to show you the path to creating content that your followers like and interact with. It is so in depth that you can compare how your posts do at different times of the day for each day of the week and if your followers disapprove of the post.

For my page insights look I can see that overall my like count increased at a modest rate, mostly due to classmates from my social media class. Thank you guys for that. The rest of the news on my pages statistics is not very good I can see that my Reach  and my Engagement have both decreased by a significant amount.  As I researched why I can see that this is partly because of the lack of posts for this time period.

The ability to compare individual posts is a great way to judge what type of content and delivery approach is most likely to have the best results. Creating and posting content in a scientific or systematic way will help me to narrow down the most effective content and styles. I can also review the posts to see content that I have already touched on and also content that may warrant follow up. The "boost post" button is always an option and in this format it is easy to analyze which content would be best for choosing this action.

Facebook Insights also gives you the ability to compare your page to similar pages and see how you stack up. This was pretty overwhelming for me at first glance. Their are some pages that have very impressive stats and it is hard to imagine actually competing with them. That being said it is a great tool if you compare it statistically and adjust for size. You can gain an idea of the total potential for people interested in your subject matter and set goals for activity and growth. Once you get past the initial shock you can just look at it as a long term road map. I think it is definitely worth using and intend to put more time into it myself. 

Overall I think that my first priority regarding my page is to keep up with the content posts. I can see that the lack of posts is my biggest weakness, so far. Thanks for reading and good luck with your Facebook pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment